Thursday, November 8, 2007

#2

SO this is my second post. I've yet to go public with this blog. It probably has to do with some deep-seated feeling of rejection or my anxiousness at being thrust up on to a pedestal into a mock limelight, wherein I am the most celebrated celebrity in my own one-man world. Nevertheless, here I am. If you haven't noticed already I've acquired a penchant for run-on sentences. I feel like run-ons are textual extensions of the fingertips and my writing style is more free flowing; so don't get all up in arms when your mind isn't allowed to take a breath because mine sure isn't either.

That aside, I just got home from working from 6am-4pm and boy am I tired. I originally planned on napping, but the internet called out to me. So, here I am.

I spend a lot of my time watching courtTV and the sci fi channel (see also: the food network, tlc, discovery health). I'm watching forensic files right now. I think my want to understand things is trumped only by my love of being mystified. I love to wonder if something is or isn't real or if something that seems so great is really within grasp (ie: ghosts, cooking).

Anyway, it's holiday time. If you work or worked in retail like I do, you know this is a most hellish time of year. I had to physically slap a customer's hand today because he had the nerve to push me in order to reach a sweater. It is never serious enough to push me out of your way. I am moderately large and decently muscled, I'd hate to have to beat someone to death over a nylon/polyurethane sweater that costs 39.50. Not over a poly-blend that will likely catch fire when either you or one of your bargain-hungry gaggle gets a sleeve thread caught in the escalator at forever 21 resulting in a salmon-colored sweater brushfire.

But for every shitasshead customer, there is some sort of silver lining. Me and my boyfriend (this certainly won't be the last time i mention him in this blog) are figuring out holiday things. Gifts, trees, decorations, ornaments. The gamer in me is aching for an Xbox360 so we'll see if that pans out. There are a myriad of gift ideas I have floating around in my head, but I tend to think in terms of me when I'm buying gifts for others, and the "dude" that exists in the back and sometimes front of my head really wants to buy something that will make me giggle, but I know those gifts will result in menacing glares, so I'll do my best to avoid any gift that begins with "the best" and "the most".

I would like to keep up with this writing thing, so I'm going to try to post as often as my little fingers permit. Should you take a liking to my little blog let me know! It will make my littler (even smaller than my fingers!) heart swell to enormous proportions and that joy will spill over into these posts and nothing bad will ever happen again! In my next post I think I'm going to talk about my love of fruit flavored yogurts and the ensuing hilarity. bye!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i looove you kyle!!!

Anonymous said...

um im sorry, i thought this blog was supposed to be about black people...not black kyle.

more about the struggle puhlease.

Kathy said...

YES I am so into this. Oh man, am I ever. Blog, Kyle! Blog like no one has ever blogged before!

(There is the chance my name might not actually come up if I'm signed into Blogger so fer yer infoz this is Kathy.)

P.S. I've had "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" stuck in my head for like three days, but also just the first line of "Santeria" by Sublime. They alternate. I am sometimes afraid of my own brain. Just felt like confessing that.

bruce said...

i miss reading the witty, insightful ramblings of kyle brown. please post three times daily for best results.

Anonymous said...

i hate retail. go on please keep me entertained w/new things to read, thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kyle! It is Katsia (I used to work for Esprit). i found the link through myspace. Don't you mind if I read your blog (and comment sometimes), if you do mind, please let me know. and I ll stop.

slick girls and sick boys.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I do not approve of clapping or snapping fingers. ever.